iAdventure for iPad
iAdventure for iPhone
Cave photo from www.freenaturepictures.com.
The Original Adventure
"You can't say you've played computer games if you haven't played the original Adventure."
Here is the Adventure game that captivated a generation of early hackers.
In the '70s, a pioneer Internet programmer created the first computer adventure game in his spare time based on his experiences as a caver in Kentucky.
It spread quickly across the fledgling computer network where untold hours of programmer time were lost exploring its depths.
Subsequently enhanced by a researcher at Stanford's Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, it is still the definition of the interactive-fiction genre.
"Somewhere nearby is Colossal cave, where others have found fortunes in treasure and gold, though it is rumored that some who enter are never seen again."
"MAGIC IS SAID TO WORK IN THE CAVE…"
- Presented in "glass teletype" style to capture the original feel.
- Sound effects and images enhance your adventure.
- Includes the original source code in a syntax-highlighted browsable viewer.
- Adventure history and lore with links to additional Adventure sites.
- Internal browser for visiting Adventure hints and tips sites.
- No network connection required to play.